Saturday, June 29, 2013

Some Quilling Some Stamping

Last week I ordered a couple of stamps to try some image stamping other than the sentiment ones. While I was making attempts at it, I found this interesting challenge on "Lulupu" and gave it a try. Here's the outcome.
































Both the cards are a standard size of 4.25 * 5.5



















I have used Avery Elle's "Modern Leaves" clear stamp set.






















I started out by stamping the entire front of the card with a leaf stamp in two different colors.






















I then cut strips of 4.25 inch length with variable widths, one such that it would fit the sentiment.






















I attached the strips suitably and finished the card with pearl embellishments.






















I made the second card for a friend's house warming ceremony. I stuck to conventional design for this card and adjoined the stamped leaves with twine so they would resemble a "thoranam" pattern.






















I traced out a picture of Ganesha from one of the wedding cards I had at home.






















I then quilled the entire picture using 1/16th inch strips of paper except the eye which is an adhesive rhinestone.
 





















Finally, glued rhinestones on top of the leaves.


Entering this card to Lulupu's Challenge #13 Lady Stamp-A-Lot.

8 comments:

  1. Very, very nice. Both the cards are very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful cards...Love the Ganesha very much..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cards!

    thanks for joining Lulupu challenge#13

    ReplyDelete
  4. The leaves on the first card are gorgeous!! Loved the quilled Ganesha on the second card too.. So neat!!

    Thanks for playing along at Lulupu's Challenge #13 :)

    Love,
    Nikita..

    ReplyDelete