Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mother's Day Card

Well, I'm not a person who is into celebrating mother's day, but I thought my mom would love something handmade so I decided to go ahead and make her a card. 

I symbolically tend to relate mothers to flowers so having a flower on my card was a must, which lead me to craft a deconstructed flower card.






















I used purple colored strips of quilling paper to make the petals and a tight coil of yellow colored strip of paper to represent the eye of the flower.


















For the petals, I made a circular loop by placing a single strip of paper around the top of a nail lacquer bottle. Then pinched the circle on opposite ends to get the marquise shaped petal.






















I used charcoal color for stamping the words "happy mother's day".






















Finally, added a pink textured ribbon and yellow colored adhesive pearls at either end of the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment