Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Card

Made this card for a friend of mine, who turned thirty last week. Since it was the 30th, I accentuated the number.































I crafted the entire work on a white cardstock, then cut and glued it to a blank card in order to add some depth to the card.






















I set out by drawing a champagne bottle with a pencil and then glued the quilling strips accordingly.
Here, I must mention that it would have been much easier for a first timer, like me if I started quilling from the inside of the bottle to the outside rather than the opposite.






















I crafted the numbers and the cork of the bottle similar to that of the champagne bottle. I then placed the quilled paper swirls, drops and circles in accordance with the space. I used light colored strips for the numbers and bright ones for the rest so as to balance out the colors.






















I stamped the words "happy birthday" on the inside of the card.






















Lastly, placed a pale blue ribbon on to one side of the card.

6 comments:

  1. Clever design and neatly executed paper graphic!

    Glad to be your newest follower!

    Happy Quilling!
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done an amazing job of the graphic and so neat to boot. Love the idea too.
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Harika ,This is just amazing ,wonderful quilling !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Pooja.

    P.S. I had to go through the comments in your blog to get your name.

    ReplyDelete