Friday, March 8, 2013

Money Envelopes

Gifting money during weddings or other festive occasions is quite a common sight in India. Money envelopes make a perfect gift wrapping solution when presenting either cash or gift card.

I thought it would be artful to make these envelopes so gave them a shot!





















The best thing about these envelopes is that they are easy to make and add a personal touch to the gift.






















Paper between 70 to 150 gsm should be good to make these envelopes, anything higher than this might be difficult to work. Personally, I prefer handmade paper with sheen if working with sequins and cardstock or printed paper when quilled.






















A brief view of the opposite side of the envelope.


















Closer look at few of the works.

 

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty envelopes. And I do agree with you that they make the gift more personal though Canadians never exchange money as gifts I do think its rather practical.
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might want to disable the need to type captcha if you want more people commenting.
    http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disabled captcha. I never knew, thank you once again.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty envelopes---- but where do I find instructions to make? I'm one who needs to read how to do it before I try it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I use Scorpal to make my envelopes and depending on the size of the sheet I adjust my measurements. I will try doing a post on the how to part sometime soon.

      Delete